Sunday, August 21

ancient secrets | neti pot

COMPANY: Ancient Secrets
COST: online it looks to be $11, I found mine at the local organic/vitamin section at the grocery store years ago. 
DESCRIPTION: The Neti Pot™ naturally cleanses, refreshes, and protects the nasal passages, one of our body's first lines of defense against illness. Recommended today by doctors and pharmacists worldwide, the Neti Pot™ has been used for thousands of years in ayurvedic medicine to alleviate sinus and allergy problems. [review by Himalayan Institute]

I have to start off by saying, this isn't so much a product review as a practice review. Above there are two links to neti pots, because I don't have loyalty to mine (from Ancient Secrets). But after going on vacation for a week with out my neti pot and then returning home to being sick... I had to chat about this. Every morning I do a nasal cleansing, and I don't have allergies but people I know who do swear by this practice also (reducing their allergies enough to get off of medications... bonus!). 

Yeah, it's weird. You put some warm water and salt in the pot, stick in one nostril, tilt your head, and have the water run out the opposite nostril. But, again, being sick this week, it works! The crap that comes out of those nasal passage, ew! Definitely save this for when your partner isn't walking through the room, you know, to keep the romance alive in your relationship :) 

Also, maybe an obvious reason to discuss... being able to breathe. The cleaner and bigger the breath, the better the yoga practice, yeah? Yes. Pranayama is the practice of controlling your breath, which I'm still very new to, but find immediate benefits in reduced stress, building energy, and after one practice... aide in digestion. Impressive. 

The only downside to my pot, I don't feel comfortable packing it when I'm flying somewhere. Maybe I'll find the perfect travel neti pot (or do you have any suggestions?!), that I can review next. 


0 responses:

Post a Comment